The New Year has just begun so it is the perfect time to create a vision board! A vision board is a collection of diverse images and words portraying your desires and goals. The purpose of a vision board is to support what you want to achieve in life by surrounding yourself with those images. Once you create your vision board you will see your life shift towards these goals and desires in the year to come.
What you need to get started
- Poster/cork board to place images on
- A photo of yourself that brings you joy
- Stack of magazines to find the perfect pictures, words, sayings and phrases (you can also find images online or create your own)
- Scissors and glue
Create your vision board
- Take a moment to really think about your goals for the year to come. You will probably have images appear of things you desire.
- Now it is time to create your own images or search for the perfect pictures/words in magazines, etc. If you would like to go on a trip – then find a picture of the place you want to travel to. If you want to get a new job, find love, etc. search for images to support these visions.
- Cut them out and put them aside.
- Once you feel like you have all the material needed to complete your vision board you can start organizing the images around the photo of yourself. Once it is to your liking – glue everything on the board!
- Place the vision board where you will see it often.