The bedroom is the place where we spend a lot of time resting and recharging. We should always feel VERY good when walking into this room. Turn your bedroom into a nurturing and restful atmosphere today!
The position of your bed in the bedroom is a key factor in Feng Shui. The bed should be placed in the most beneficial position to encourage rest and support. Try to meet as many of these Feng Shui principles when placing your bed;
- Place the bed in a position so that you have a good view of the door while lying in bed. This symbolizes that you feel prepared to deal with whatever is coming into your life.
- Put the headboard against a solid wall and not under a window. This creates strong and supportive energy.
- Make sure there is no toilet on the other side of the wall where you have your headboard because this could disturb your sleep.
- Avoiding the alignment of the bed with the entrance door as the energy coming into the room moves too powerful towards the bed, which could have a negative impact on your general well-being.
- Have enough space on both sides of the bed to create a good balance.
Please keep in mind that it is not always possible to get the bed in the best possible position but try to match as many of the suggestions as you can.
More on bedroom Feng Shui next month!